#How Social Media can help you with B2B Marketing
Viviane 30th March 2019
What I always mention first to any of my Customers – everyone is using Social Media, it does not matter if it’s me browsing through Facebook and Instagram, my Dad using Twitter or my Boss, owner of a company – we find us all on one of these Platforms. These days not being on Social Media, is considered nearly wrong! And today its far different used then back in the Myspace and Bebo days.
Why would you miss out on such a great opportunity to use organic brand awareness? Facebook is the largest and most popular social media Platform in the world with more than 2.07 billion monthly active users!
Everyone thinks Social Media ala Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram are only B2C focused but it plays a major key role in marketing campaigns and it also can help to generate leads and to build brand awareness.
But be aware – in 2019 you are not the first person to have this great Idea and to get results – you have to work hard for it. Going back, when companies first started using Social Media for their Marketing, it was easy to create a Page and have Organic reach of top levels. Now in 2019 the barriers to enter are still basically non-existent, but your competition is much bigger.
A big question for most Companies, Organisations and Businesses are – what Social Media Platform to choose for my business? We all know LinkedIn as the obvious choice for B2B, where Facebook, Instagram and Twitter should not be forgotten about. As mentioned above even Platforms like Facebook and Instagram are used by people – which could be your right prospect – to find out more about Businesses, Products & Services. The question I always ask my Customers, where do you search for a service you require? If we are looking for any kind of service or goods we need, the first place we search on are really – Facebook or Google.
You can promote your business in a creative way to the right audience on different Social Media Platforms. You have the Option on all Platforms to set up a Business Page, which reflects your Business, which delivers Phone Number and Address to anyone looking for your service, but also a Chat option.
How does this benefit your B2B company?
– You can use it to promote discounts, advertise upcoming videos, promotions or webinars
– A huge point about Social Media is, that you reach out to new prospect – which reflects brand awareness, website traffic and could lead to a sale
The # we all have seen it, but never knew, how much it actually can help your business and the amazing thing – all Social Media Platforms use it. Hash tagging your posts makes it easier to find content. As example, put #B2B into your search bar and see the results yourslf. For B2B – reach of content and reach out to new audiences.
What Platform to choose for your Business?
– Facebook Messenger has more than 1.2 Billion monthly active users
– 53% states that people more likely shop with a business that they contact via chat
– B2B content can include helpful Whitepapers, Webinars or Events
– Facebook is used mostly by 25-34-year-olds, closely followed by those aged 35-44
– Best platform for any B2B business to deliver message out
– Reach and Engage with new potential prospects
– Share latest Company updates
– More Business orientated Platform
– Direct line to your potential prospects
– Great platform for salespeople looking to conduct social selling and identify potential prospects
– enables B2B salespeople to target people based on employment level, job title, specific skills and industry
– share blogs, eBooks, articles, research papers
– 61% of LinkedIn users fall between the ages of 30-64
Every B2B business has a LinkedIn profile – it is an absolute necessity if you want to engage with potential sales prospects in a professional environment.
The Pro’s of Social Media Platforms for Businesses are clear, especially when nearly everyone has a Social Media account. Interacting with your customers and potential prospects can raise awareness, attracts potential prospects, builds trust and helps to create leads! Even those previously considered to B2C – can help your marketing activity significantly.